Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
I tested many canbles in 15 years of time. In my opinion there are a lot cables which are average or even poor. So yes you can say that most cables are more hype than there value worth. But about audio in general the same thing.
Judging by the number of posts on this thread - we all have answers :-)
And wenn I read some of the answers, I think they are "more hype than value".
The % real good stuff in audio is extreme small. In over 15 years I do this work and visited many shows, dustributers, shops clients and even manufacturers I am still stuned about how much shit there is on the market. I first could not sell it to my customeers. But second it is often difficult to understand why people spend so much money for a low level in quality. It is a very important reason why I am still in this business. I love this world and I love high quality audio!
The accuracy of 3D imaging quality of any system is afforded by the combined result of all components retaining a high degree of channel separation throughout the signal path. Any induced 3D imaging created via phase distortion, or cross channel leaking, is inaccurate, yet many like this sound quality.

And, remember, the room is 50% of what you hear 3D wise.
3 D staging is Always about accuracy of all the parts including acoutics togheter. But the differences in cables are big. They project the image differently wenn played by the same amp, source and even in the same room. So the question is; What is the right way?