Best Digital Amp for Legacy Focus 20/20?

Hi: I will be starting a two channel from scratch and I originally was going to go with a new pair of Klipschorns, but didn't think the bass was to my liking for loud rock music,so I have now decided on Legacy Focus 20/20.
Due to rack space and electrical limitations, I was thinking of one of the digital amps being put out by a few companies.I am looking at the Acoustic Reality Ear202 stereo amp right now, plus others.
I do not have anything right now(saving up), so am looking for suggestions! The 20/20 are a 4ohm speaker, so I think most amps(digital)can handle under 4 ohms.Will a tube preamp work with these amps?? Just wondering if these amps can push the multiple drivers to my listening levels(85-95db)Thanks for all your help! Huck
huck55
Can't you find any common ground? I'm trying hard here, bub......

Ok, you don't know what mine sounds like, and I don't know what yours sounds like. OK, find a reason to argue that.

But you missed the point, I am afraid. I am pointing out differences in frequency response as load Z changes, and you switch gears to THD.

I am not talking about THD, I am talking about frequency response aberrations. I am not making it up. ICEpower clearly states it. I use that as a reason why it is important to audition one on the system it will be used on.

OK.......back to the subject. The guy is asking about a "power hungry load". I do not think that you can judge how it will work just based on weight. Yes, a lot of the amps are light. Some are light (Rowland for example) because it has a SMPS. Others (H2O) have large transformers. While someone will obviously disagree, you can not say "A" will and "B" won't simply because of weight. Sure , they will probably sound somewhat different, but weight alone is no indicator of much.

If you examine how much current the speaker will actually use, most of the current comes from discharging the filter caps. So, it is possible to drive such a load with what may appear to be a small transformer based supply.

Bottom line is........you will just have to try them. Or use the advice of someone with the same setup.
A_rt, how about you telling us what it is B&O says about their module 500A HF aberrations. I can't find anything.

Are you talking about their Performance Characteristics graph illustration at 4, 8, 16, and open ohms? Can't be, there's nothing there.

B&O's ASP module's digital supply produces some noise. This can be clearly heard, when comparing well made amps using the two modules. B&O's graphs do bare that out.
I think we are looking at the same graph. In some of mine, they are in color, in others it is multi-color.

So.....assuming that we are......look closely at the area between 10 kHz and 20 kHz. You will some slight variations.

At first, you may not think that little change is audible. I can assure you that is. Very audible. Which is why you need to listen to one on the system you intend to purchase one for.

Look......all amps will interact to some extent with the speaker. These amps just happen to have a particular type of interaction that will be much more audible to the average listener.

At some other time, I can relate a story about RIAA networks, and how very noticable a difference of 0.25 dB is. If not, let me say that most RIAA networks have a hump of around that much from 250-500 Hz. Very hard to take out. Very few products take it out. (Some leave it in on purpose..........)

You can verify this by listening to CDs and LPs that you have in both formats. Some will prefer the warmer sound of vinyl, and others the "accuracy" of CD. Not the point which is better. Just to demonstrate how little of a frequency change can make very large changes in perceived sonics.

Anyone wanting info on stuff that I make, or have made, is welcome to send me an e-mail or PM. I would rather discuss items of technical nature that interest me, than bang the drum for our products. OK?

(There is more than one thread that deals with not being able to identify myself and my company without screaming "www.buy.my.amps.com".)
Art, my highs are pristine. If you look at that graph dcarefully, you would see the dead short has the widest divergence from the other three. The 16 ohm line has maybe a 1/8 dB divergence, while the 4 and 8 ohm lines remain tied beyond 20dB.

The 500A is clearly superior to the 500ASP. The ASP graph have the four lines diverging between 10 and 15 kHz. Yet, you say whether one or the other sound better is a matter of opinion.

How about sending me one of your amps. I will arrange a group of honest people to give it a good listen.