Best Digital Amp for Legacy Focus 20/20?

Hi: I will be starting a two channel from scratch and I originally was going to go with a new pair of Klipschorns, but didn't think the bass was to my liking for loud rock music,so I have now decided on Legacy Focus 20/20.
Due to rack space and electrical limitations, I was thinking of one of the digital amps being put out by a few companies.I am looking at the Acoustic Reality Ear202 stereo amp right now, plus others.
I do not have anything right now(saving up), so am looking for suggestions! The 20/20 are a 4ohm speaker, so I think most amps(digital)can handle under 4 ohms.Will a tube preamp work with these amps?? Just wondering if these amps can push the multiple drivers to my listening levels(85-95db)Thanks for all your help! Huck
huck55
Many amps change their frequency response based upon load. This was much more of an issue 30 years ago when it was discussed at length in International Audio Review. At that time many amps were optimized for an 8 ohms resistive load and went to pieces into other loads.

I believe that the extent of mechanical and electrical isolation issues presnt in a system is at least as significant as frequency response deviations and can help account for diverging opinions on Class D amps. I have found that my H20 and eAR amps benefit greatly from a good isolation platform (pneumatic or bearing design)and from electrical isolation from the rest of the system. Isolate a class D amp as you would your front-end. In my system this is accomplished by the use of FIM bearing-based isolation platforms, PowerWraps on the power cords and the isolated outlet banks of the PS Audio Premier. RF picked up by speaker cables can end up at the inputs of amps. Powerwraps seem to have a different effect than other RF treatments (ferrite rings, 'magic dust', carbon) by removing only the crud and leaving the highs alone. I notice that Dave Magnan has quite a list of tweaks for Nuforce amps over at his web site. Many of these address vibration and electrical issues.

Bob
Switched to a 9bsst amp on my legacy focus 20/20's. Not as good as the V-5xe in sound but still darn close, nice bass! Still the 150 watts makes the focus 20/20's play louder than you can stand.
I had a 4B something-or-other that I replaced with a Mac MC-352, then a Krell FPB-300C, and now Theta Enterprise Monos. Each step was a noticeable improvement. One footnote though, when I had the Krell, I upgraded from the 20/20s to the Whispers. The 20/20s very likely prefer a different amp than the Whispers.

I say this because I tried my Theta Dreadnaught on the 20/20s and was impressed with the clarity and detail, but not at all with the bottom end. When I put the Dreadnaught on the Whispers, it had no problem at all, especialy the bottom end. This is why I eventually went with the Enterprises.

Feed these speakers well and they'll reward you in spades.

Just my experience...