Linn Components

Ok guys a little honesty will go a long way. I’m just wondering why Linn Gear in general is not well regarded, known or liked by many. I myself love the Linn sound, which in my opinion is more true to the music than most of my friends systems. I am not going to mention names of components as all of us have different tastes. I’m tired of having to explain why I have chosen Linn.

Ross
rossq
Cpdunn99,the phantom will try and make you understand.
My original post asked why Linn components are not well regarded by audiophiles .I have owned many different Amps and Pre Amps ,all but one were better than what I now have
and that is a Kairn Pro two LK140 and an Ikemi player.Much of what I had before cost a lot more.So my point is I dont
see anyone praising how good Linn gear is when you factor in the cost point compared to a lot of other gear.If there is praise in the Audiogone forums and i have missed it please accept my sincere (SORRY).ROSSQ
Linn is discussed as much as any other fine audio maker. Just so happens, however, that people tend to gravitate toward the weird, the sensational, the freakish, the rare and unusual gear to chat about. So when you see a discussion featuring the new Frachiamole model Z1 amplifier with 300b mesh plates and fur lined pull out ash trays, just smile and be happy with your 'plain' ole Linn stuff.
"Plain ole Linn stuff"? Have you seen their high end amps and CD players? The $20,000.00 CD player is barely usable. The guy at the store who demo'd it for me a few years ago could barely get it to open. And the $1,500.00 all-in-one player flumoxed the saleman who had to get "a more Linn knowledgable person" to get it working. And we could hardly get it to change volume from the front panel. I've even checked out speakers that the salesman couldn't explain how they worked.

And my Air Tight tube amp does have mesh plates 300Bs but is self-biasing, kind of like the light bulb you change above your head. I also have a Plinius SS amp which made more realistic music than anything in it's class or for even $2,000.00 more. I've done nothing to this amp but turn it on and off. I did have to tinker with the REL sub but then Linn also makes subs.
Tomryan,the attitude that people like you have,is the reason for my original post.In not so many words you want us to belive that your Air Tight Amp sounds better along with the Pilinius Amp.I tend to have different opinions about your hidden statement.I Have owned Pilinius amps
and one of my present amps the Klouth,will have 2 Pilinius
for lunch.Just because you had ,a salespearson that should
be selling everthing else but audio give you a demo it's not a valid reason to dislike and put down a brand,and be sarcastic.In the end what ever you like is all that counts.
"I’m tired of having to explain why I have chosen Linn."

Then why start this meaningless thread? Don't answer that, it was a retorical question.