Less fatiquing

My Bryston 3B and Bryston preamp .5 are beautiful pieces but also very bright. I am just getting into this hobby and dont have alot of money but thought someone could make a suggestion to make my system warmer and less shrill at higher volumes. I have tara lab prism interconnects and PSB Image 5T speakers. Oh and I am using a Rotel RX965 Limited cd player or the Denon 2500 DVD as a player. Thanks in advance...bt
btexpressdog
Guys, I have decided to play around with speaker placement and have found a significant difference in spacing them away from each other and placing them near the base of the walls in my 11x12' LR. I live in a one bedroom. In spacing them I have found more bass response and therefore a warmer sound. I have also took your suggestion and am ordering the MIT330 cable as part of a solution. I really like the Bryston and did not want to give it up. It is built like a tank and has two years warrenty left. I thought about replacing it with the MF A3.2 or the CJ2250. But thought I would continue to tweak what I think is a fine amp.
After some auditioning Rotel, Bryston, Classe, MF, Parasound, at home, I purchased the Classe CAM-200 monoblocks. They were the best match for my Tannoy D700's. I had a few music bug friends over to help with the auditions. Not only was the Classe just as detailed as the MF, Bryston(we heard just as much detail in the music), but it relayed the music with more finese(sp?)and was less fatiguing after long listens. It drew us into the music more, and to tell you the truth, made casual listening a little more difficult.
I agree with Odavid9. Why is it that we always have to spend MORE money if there is something about the sound we don't like?
try some power cords now that you got speaker placement right ,so many on here,diy is fun also.mit also has some low cost power cords look for them should settle you in,move up the chain in tara lab interconnects you wont replace nothing for 2 years,unless you become a audio junkie,and ive found ,if you are posting on the gon..your well on your way of being one,,,welcome to the family
Obviously from above there are fans of Byrston and all systems are about synergy. Granted that...from my admittedely limited experience I did find them a tad too bright and shrill even. I demo-ed them in my own system and found them as such not to my own personal preference, as well as at dealer set up when they were driving Martin Logan Prodigy speakers wih an Esoteric front end. Tubes can be considered, but if you are like me and a bit daund going that route some SS alternatives which have a "smoother" sound character and also perhaps in a similiar price range include the Rowlands, Linn, Plinus and Pass Labs...at least from what I heard so far.
More to discover