Yamaha Tuners

Does anyone know the difference between the T-1 and the T-2 Yamaha vintage tuners?

In your opinion, the best $150 used tuner is...
s7horton
Not meaning to disagree with anyone, but there is a lot of difference between the T1(365 new) and the T2(750 new), T2 being the most desireable of the 2. go to http://www.geocities.com/tunerinfo
to read more about tuneres in general, they do a nice job. Both tuners are good, I have owned both, but sonically the T2 is the master, and if you have found 1 for $150, buy it. The T1 is not a bad buy at $150, nor is the T2 twice as good, but hey, thats the way it is in audio in general.
I still own my Yamaha CT-7000, quite good, but a little out of the price range. For the money I prefer the Sansui analog tuners, TU-717 and TU-515. As an aside you might check out your local Goodwill; for some reason many nice older tuners end up there. I have found the excellent Pioneer 9500 and even the legendary Fisher FM-1000 tube tuner which only cost $35.00. Be sure to try before you buy though, some of the stuff is there for a reason. Happy shopping.
Continuing the theme of Yamaha tuners, I have a model CT-1010 from the same period as the CT-7000. The 1010 is no match for the 7000, but it is a very good analog tuner that has held up very well over the years. If you see a CT-1010, and you're in the market for an analog tuner, go for it!
I have owned both these tuners, and have compared them side by side. The T-2 pulls in more stations, and has much better bass than the T-1. The T-1 sounds more transparent to me. Both are nice tuners. Also the T-2 has a digital display as well as the analog dial.
Another regret in my audio past. Selling my T-1, and Yamaha YP-D-10 turntable.I also sold some NS-1000's when my buddy gave them to me. What an idiot! (Me)