The Making of a Jazz Audiophile...Interesting Read

I found this in one of my internet searches for all things audio. I think some of you will find this of interest, especially you "old school jazz heads" like me who are deeply into jazz. Great to hear the thoughts of legendary bassist Ron Carter who to my surprise is an audiophile. Click on the link:
http://www.soundsgoodtome.us/2011/05/20/the-making-of-a-jazz-audiophile/
foster_9
Very Interesting. I am always interested in what the pros listen to. I like that they emphasized that you don't have to spend huge sums to get great sound. But of course they are music lovers and not gear heads. Their opinions mean more than those of the magazine reviewers.
Thanks for the post.
Cheers
Thanks for posting this interesting article.I agree with the jazz musicians. Good audio equitment allows more connection and appreciation of the beautiful music they`re able to play.The more musical emotion presented,the better the component.
Regards.
Foster_9, Reference the site you posted:

After reading Drummond's comment about 'Miles at the Plugged Nickel', I listened to it, and he is right, the drum work on 'So What' is really well recorded. I enjoyed the entire CD. That's why I like the music posts, they remind of all the good stuff you already have. Now I have to get the story on these TETRA speakers. Marsalis has them!
Cheers