Crown commercial amps for home use?

Hi: I was wondering if anyone is using a Crown amp full-range for home stereo and if so,how do they compete sound-wise with other "home-use" amps?. I am looking for at least 400 per-side@4ohms,power-miser and no fan! I was looking into the K-1, but not sure now!!! Thanks, Huck
huck55
I had a Ce1000 myself, very noisey, I have not tried QSC so who knows it will come down to system synergy in the end, if you can save a lot of money and make it work go for it, but I still go against Fan type even if they are quiet enough, all kinds of build up will get stuck on it and ultimatly could fail and you would not no about it until it overheats, not saying it will but more moving parts in the signal and drawing power for devices that can contaminate your AC line without being involved in the music the worse it is in my opinion.
its been 2 days now with the qsc rmx 1450 & i realy like it in fact im keeping it for a spare,i paid $330 out the door for this amp & IMO it easily compares to alot of amps i paid $1,500 or better for & neither of the pro amps i tried required any special stuff to hook em up,as long as you can run balanced cables to your pre your ok.

this amp is 260 wpc @ 8ohms & 450 wpc @ 4 ohms & it blows away the adcom 300 wpc gfa 565 monoblocks i used to own,i dont know what qsc does different from crown but the qsc is 10 times better sounding than the crown ce-1000 i tried yesterday & the fan is not loud at all.

all in all i think you get alot of power & some nice features for the cash to be spent not to mention a decent sounding amplifier.
Matrix...The amp includes overtemperature protection, so fan failure would not be a disaster. By the way, at least for the digital CarverPro ZR1600, it's said that for home audio use, where you aren't pulling 600 watts/channel all the time, the fan can be disconnected. The fans typically are DC, and speed-controlled based on temperature.

Bigjoe...My amp is also a rmx 1450. I think that the fan is too noisy to have in the listening room, but mine is in the cellar so it's OK.
eldartford,i had the qsc inside an enclosed rack & with the door open i could barely hear the fan at all but i took the amp out while i was installing some other new gear & just for shits & giggels i turned the qsc on & it is pretty loud when its not enclosed.

all in all i still think that for $330 out the door the qsc is an outstanding value.

mike.