Is There any Truly "High End" Integrated Amp?

I'm a reasonably well experienced audio nut and have tried a number of "good" integrated amps. I wonder, though, if there are integrated amps that are good enough for the "best", most revealing speakers. (Think Avalon Eidolon, Verity Parsifal, various JM Lab Utopias, and a variety of other fine speakers that do not have mammoth power requirements.)

People talk about the Levinson, the Musical Fidelity KW-500 and the lesser MF amps, the BAT integrated, The Rowland Concerto, etc. etc. etc.

I would like to hear from people who have actually tried the top tier of integrated amps and would be very interested in learning of their findings.

Don't need to be the most expensive. Could be the YBA Passion, Classe, MacIntosh 6900, Krell 400i, or any of a number of integrated amps that are supposed to sound good.

Hope to hear some good feedback.

Thanks very much.
Ag insider logo xs@2xjprice
Integrated hybrids with tubes in the preamp section and transistors in the output are the best compromise for sound, convenience, damping factor, etc, IMO. Pathos Logos is one of my favorite, but as usual tube rolling is crucial for optimization.
Try the Edge G3, around 5K...the GamuT is around
9-10K.Positive-feedback.com is getting a DI-150 for review soon, a well as a pair of L-5's.
Have you heard the Brinkmann integrated? I know that it's hard to find, but you should give it a listen if possible. I'd rate it in a league above the Pathos, Sim I-5 le, and Ayre integrateds.
I am a past Verity Audio Parsifal owner (15K).I am no expert, but let's just say I have been spoiled and learned to develop a critical ear, being also a musician. I also admit to being an integrated amp lover. No reason not to use one anymore. I have tried quite few integrateds, here's my listing and comments, not in any particular order. There are more expensive ones of course (megabuck style) but I have stayed away from them, not feeling they were worth 3 times the price....

Electrocompaniet EC-3, very smooth, almost tube-like, great product.A great buy.

Sim Audio I-5 - nice looks but a major downer sonically, bright highs, impressive lows but un-natural. Way, way too expensive.

Magnum Dynalab MD-208 - Stereophile class A ? Give me a break here - the early units (that were class A rated) had a Sim amp in it, featuring parts that was from ,'economy line,' Celeste, not the premium-priced ''Moon.. (not that it would have changed much -mind you) What is class A on this unit anyway? The sound of the amp or the tuner quality? No way this amplification is a Class A recommendation. Maybe a C borderline B at best.

Audiomat Arpège - a stunner musically, a downer service-wise with a confidential dealer network at best (on the website, they claim that only the best dealers are good enough - this to explain why there are so few of them - yeah sure). Took ages to get any answers from the Mutine Man in his lonely office. I was let down, never again.

Musical Fidelity A300 - nice amp, powerfull, a bit thin-sounding.

Cayin A-88T - grab one before they come to realize this thing should sell for 3K, very nice performer.

Arcam A85 - The best amp I had so far if you wish to go with solid state. The Jeff Rowland may outperform it, but it's nonsense to buy one when the Arcam's this good. Incredible clarity, PRAT, and flexibility. To my ears, the A90 and A32 sound different, but not better.

Naim Nait 5. As good as everyone says - the 5 outperforms the 5i to these ears, and you can improve on it with the usual Naim extras, unlike the 5i. No flexibility however like the Arcam, but subjectively just as good and maybe better depending on your taste.

Cayin A-30 (with extended bias) nice sound if a bit congested at higher volumes, the most fun you can have tube-rolling.

Hope this helps, all very subjective of course. My sour taste could be someone else's sugar....

I can just hear people complaining that I badly reviewed their favorite amplifier, and thinking that something must be wrong with my system. Although there are always improvements possible, I am way past the laws of diminishing returns with my set-up.

Cheers !

Rob