Musical Fidelity and Sonus Grand Piano too bright.

Hi All,

I'm finding that this set-up is a little on the bright side (acoustic guitar especially). Sometimes I get ear fatiuge. Everything is all burned in. I've had all the equipment for over one year.

I'm considering changing all the electronics, but not sure where to start. I'm looking for SS stuff with a tube-like sound. My price range would be something comparable to the MF stuff. My only contraint is that my new electronics must have an HT bypass.

My system consists of the following:
1)Sonus Grand Piano Home (not Domus);Walls & Solo
2)Musical Fidelity A308 Integrated
3)MF A3.24 DAC
4)Synergistic Alpha Quad Interconnects and Speaker Cables.

thanks,

Tghooper
tghooper
Get rid of the speakers, they are the problem.

Sell them off and find yourself a nice pair of Electa Amator I's and you're back in business without having to change your theater speakers.
Tghooper

Recently I solved this problem with similar components...MF electronics and Spendor speakers...my problem ended up being isolation. I tried Vibrapod's cheapest pad and it took the edge right off. Prior I was switching from CD to Vinyl just to stay listening, but I can easily go all night on digital now. Just a thought...
In addition to (NOT instead of) isolation, you MAY (or may not) want to try the Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers. For me, an EXCELLENT tweak, at least with my previous speakers (Paradigm Studio 100 V3's). With the Paradigms, these gave BOTH more detail AND more smoothness on the high end, PLUS the bass was noticably deeper and tighter.

{{{{{ NOTE: I haven't had the time to A/B the Intuitive Design Summits with and without them, so I've left them in place since the get-go with the Summits, and the system sounds astonishingly wonderful beyond all possible belief (although that's mostly due to the Summits, the Dodson, and the Odyssey Extreme monoblock amps and preamps).}}}}}

Another great thing I found: The Dodson 217 Mark II D DAC. Phenomenal improvement. Even more so than the Dakioms, I'm pretty sure, but also WAAAYYY more money (but worth every penny). The 218 is said to be even better.

Don't give up. I had the same problem with my old system and it's.....GONE!

Bill