Preamp to match with Halo A21

Building my system from the Halo A21 and a Primare D30.2 CD
Player, both balanced.

My room size is: L= 8,5m ; W= 5,5m ; H= 6,0 meters.
No speakers yet defined...

Now I want to get the Balanced Preamp!
Options right now: A new Halo P3 ; a used McIntosh C37.

Any comments?
Any other suggestions???
darioax
Hi Zormi,

The Primare PRE30 is also a choice, but quite expensive :-((

By the way, I live in Brazil and this products are quite rare here, and even when I find them, I cannot listen at my house...
The fact that it has balanced connectors doesn't make it a bad amp. As a matter of fact Parasound amps are outstanding for the money. I've owned two HCA 3500's. I use a Primare Pre 30 balanced preamp and just use single ended IC's even though I could use the balanced. On short runs it's a none issue imo.

Interesting someone brings up the Primare Pre 30 pre. I bought one hardly used and am very happy with it. Like it much better than the Krell KRC-3 I had before. I'm amazed these are so rare. I believe this piece is designed by one of Nelson Pass's employees from the original Threshold company. For the 900 I paid I can hardly believe the sound and build quality. The remote is even a joy to use.
Yes Warnerwh, PRE30 has been designed by Mike Bladelius, former Nelson Pass' fellow, ex-Treshold...

True masterpiece of preamp for 1150Euro overall, brand new boxed, (special discount calculated, otherwise PRE30 costs 1400Euro).

Darioax, try to find one. Extremely fine mate for Halo A21!!!
Hi, I have a A21 and currently have it mated to a Parasound P3 preamp. The results are ok. For the price, the P3 is not bad. But I will be upgrading my preamp soon. I have listened to both Ayre k-1xe and Plinius M8. Both great preamps. The Ayre is truly balanced I believe. I am not sure what kind of sound you are looking for. Both the Ayre and Plinius gives a slightly warm sound for a solid state component which is what I am after.

I also heard nice things about the Primare.