Ayre K-5xe preamp? How close to K-1xe?

Has anyone compaired the Ayre K-5xe to the highly respected K-1xe? I am considering both but haven't heard them yet. I like the size and weight of the K-5xe, and the full featured remote, but if the K-1xe blows it away, I might go that way.
paul_music
The K1xe is a right sizable step up. However, it would depend on the overall resolution of the system which I would choose. The K5xe is a good piece on its own standing. Just not up to the lofty standard of the K1xe.
Only you could decide if it's worth over twice the money.
I do not like the term "Blows away." Many are perfectly satisfied with the K5. The K5xe does not have the sonic resolution and transparency nor the dynamics of the K1xe.
Well, if you can, you should go to an Ayre dealer, and compare them yourself.

(That is the obvious answer, which probably is not an option available to you, or else you wouldn't have asked the question, right?!)

My advice is to post this query on Audio Asylum, in the Amp/Preamp section, and ask Charles Hansen directly, as he is a frequent contributer there.

(BTW, I love my K-1XE! And no, I have not heard the K-5XE. Sorry, but that would have been too easy!)

Good Luck!
Everybody here seems so happy with the K-1xe, I went ahead and ordered one today as well as the C-5xe Universal Disc Player. I will be using them with 2 Linn Klimax amps, and Sophia II loudspeakers. I hope I will get good synergy with that system.

Thanks for the responses, they were helpful in making my decision.
Paul
I think you be very happy with this setup. I also think if you could borrow the V5xe and insert in place of your Linn amps you will be very impressed. The V5x is very transparent and throws a really wide tall and deep soundstage. I'd reccommend hooking everything up balanced and omit any power conditioners, plug everything straight into the wall outlets. BTW, Cardas wires are very Ayre friendly, excellent synergy. I have a K-3x and V5x and I'm very interested in Sophias, so I'd be interested to hear your comments if you ever decide to try this out. I may have to try and get a pair of Sophias demos to test out myself.