Bel Canto eOne amps - Is this the future?

This is a relatively new amp series by Bel Canto. Any comments about this ICE technology? Are we done with the large power supplies and heavy back breaking amps?
larrytwo
Humanmedia...I stand corrected. NuForce doesn't use the UcD module. Based on what I read its design approach is more like UcD than ICE.
Hi Denf,

Not trying to be picky but the I thought the standard stereo H20 costs $2500 which a bit less than a pair of the Nuforce 9.02....Unless you meant compared to the H2O signature monos. Have you heard the Signature monos from H2O? Also, I happen to run across your system and review and you said that you drove the standard H2O stereo direct from your Areo Capitol player and the result were less than stellar. I think that is no surprise considering the H2O has only 8kohms input impedance if I remember correctly.
Scintilla. I ran the H2o both ways, direct from my Capitole, then at the end with a TAD 150 Signature. Really could not detect much of a difference as the Capitole is designed to run amps direct with a little over 4.5 volts out, so in a sense, it has it's own built-in preamp section.

I have rarely heard other Capitole owners (or reviewers) say that they preferred the sound of the Capitole with a preamp.

Based on my own personal experience, it seems like you would have to compare the Signature version of the H2o to come close to the sound of the NuForce. BTW Scintilla, have you actually even heard the NuForces?
Denf,

I strongly disagree. In my system I MUCH prefer the Capitole run through BAT VK-51SE preamp than direct to my Lamms. It sounds so much better this way.

On the other hand, BAT is $9000, add to that another pair of ICs and a power cord, and we are talking about $12.000+ upgrade. From that point of view, it is hardly a sensible choice - you may probably get better resoults by spending that extra 12 grand on the rest of your system.
Hi Denf,
Thanks for the info. As for being able to swing 4.5V does mean much if it couldn't provide the current. Please don't get me wrong. Like I said every system and what a particular listener considered as GREAT, is different from system to system. And a prime example of that is exactly what Elberoth2 just said which is completely opposite to your belief.

Yes, I have heard the Nuforce 9.02. To my ears, it does not have to even take the H2O stereo signature to compete with the Nuforce. The Standard stereo H2O will be fine, in a right system of course. As for comparing to H2O signature series, both stereo, and specially the H2O mono Signature, will leave the Nuforce behind. Having just said that, Then again, as you noticed, there is a gentleman woodburger preferred his Nuforce over the H2O stereo Signature.