Which speakers vs Vandersteen 3A sig's in large rm

My room is 25'x30' with 10' high ceilings.
I like how smooth and balanced the Vandersteens sound but was a little taken back on the laid back bottom end. Not that detailed either. I would like a little more punch and vivid detailed image. Its tough auditioning speakers in small rooms since mine is so big. Speaker placement is not an issue.
stylinlp_38
More information is needed to determine why you are not achieving good sound. What amplifier are you using? The Vandersteen 3A Sig is a very capable and revealing loudspeaker that requires a rather powerful high-quality amplifier that is good into 4 ohms.

Also, source components, preamplifiers and placement can have a significant effect. Try improving the bass by following Vandersteen's setup procedure in the 3A manual. That will help to insure that the bass in your room is as neutral as possible.

Lastly, as mentioned by a couple of previous posts, the system can be improved dramatically in the bass (and in the mids and highs) by adding Vandersteen's 2Wq subwoofers.

Dave
Ultra Fidelis
Talon Audio speakers come to mind. Fast, detailed, musical, very deep bass, very dynamic and did i mention fast!

Happy Lisening.
Klipsch Cornwall III
Floorstanding Loudspeaker

Specifications
FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
34Hz - 20 kHz ±3db
POWER HANDLING:
100w max continuous (400 w peak)
SENSITIVITY:
102 db @ 1watt/1meter
MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT:
119db
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:
8 ohms
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY:
HF: 5000Hz
LF: 800Hz
TWEETER:
K-107-TI 1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:
K-79-T Tractrix
MIDRANGE:
K-53-TI 1.75" (4.45 cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
MID FREQUENCY HORN:
Exponential Horn
WOOFER:
K-33-E 15" (38.1cm) Fiber composite cone
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL:
MDF
ENCLOSURE TYPE:
Bass reflex via front slot ports
DIMENSIONS:
35.75" H (90.81cm) x 25.31" W (64.29cm) x 15.5" D (39.37cm)
WEIGHT:
98 lbs
FINISHES:
Walnut Lacquer, Cherry Lacquer, Black Lacquer
BUILT FROM: