CAT SL-1 MK III vs. First Sound Presence DeLuxe

has anyone compared these two components? Thanks for your comments.
frankpiet
03-02-06: Eps
The stock tubes are not sweet. If you want a touch of sweetness, tube roll to something like amperex.

Cheers.
In my Presence Deluxe II, I tube rolled Amperex 7308 PQ White Label USA, Amperex 6922 PQ White Label USA, Amperex Pinch Waist 6922 PQ White Label, Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8, Matsushita 6DJ8, Siemens 6922 "D" Getter 1959.

The preamp in my system was outstanding...but it was never sweet. I did not try Mullard, Telefunken, Valvo or Brimar tubes. One of those might have made a difference...
bombywalla: thanks for the very interesting links. I just wonder why some people tell me to stay away from the SL-1 MK III and go for a SL-1 Ultimate? Are the changes that dramatic?
Frankpiet,
welcome!
That's strange! I cannot understand why people would tell you to "stay away" from a SL1 Sig Mk3?
In another thread 'sbank"/Spencer did quote you what Ken Stevens told him that a SL1 Sig Mk3 was the best value if you did not have the money for an Ultimake mk2.
The changes in the Ultimake mk2 are mostly to the power supply. It's more substantial than the SL1 Sig Mk3 hence the Ultimake mk2 dynamics are supposed to be better. NOte that the new product is improving upon something is very, very good already. Could you preceive the upgrade in sound? Your ears & system will be the judge.
Also, the Ultimake mk2 has some improvements so that the timbral accuracy is better than the SL1 Sig Mk3. These, I'm told, are the 2 major upgrades.
Thanks, Bombaywalla for mentioning my posts on this. I still own both preamps and in the following thread, I think that I covered best the differences, particularly the sweetness issue. I don't downgrade the F.S. for its lack of sweetness. It is startlingly good in other ways that the CAT isn't and neither is perfect. Also, in some circles, sweetness might be considered a coloration??? Each is a very fine product, and Frankpiet will only know which one (or something else?) is for him by conducting his own listening session.

Also, keep in mind that I am listening to CAT Ultimate Mk I,
not Signature Mk III and First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II 4.0, not the more common Mk II 2.0.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1111963165&openusid&zzRayhall&4&5#Rayhall
I'm preparing to move on a First Sound and am wondering if anyone can compare the Presence Deluxe 4.0 MKII and the Paramount MkII?