Totem Arros - Tube Amps ?

Hi,

I am trying to help my frend with a 2 channel set-up for a medium room ( 15 x 12 x 8 ). We are considering Totem Arros. Which of the following amps will be a good fit:

1. Cary SLI-80
2. Primalune Prologue 2
3. VTL IT-85

I know that cary is a more expensive one....but we wan to consider the amp that best integarates with Arros. Musical preference is Vocals, Instruments and Jazz with occasional pop.

Thanks
Grakesh
grakesh
one more vote Conrad CAV 50. I drive Totem Model 1 with it, very convincingly. Most Totems, in my experience love CJ amplification.
Well, here's a different take....

I have a pair of Arro's in the bedroom (about 16x18 or so), and since I wasn't sure I was going to be keeping the Arro's on a lark I picked up a Sonic Impact Super-T.

I don't have anything to compare to with these speakers, but I've got to say that I think they sound absolutely stellar with this inexpensive little amp. Great clarity, non-fatiguing, musical, tight, punchy bass (and as extended as I'd want in a bedroom); overall tonally nicely balanced with no glaring oddities - drums sound like real drums, guitars sound like real guitars, saxes, horns, etc, all sound like the instruments I know well, and all sound like they're in the room with you. A smallish soundstage as the speakers are only about 3 feet apart, but still nice imaging. At about 10watts, you can't crank it, but in the bedroom I'd never want to anyway, and it's surprisingly loud anyway already.

I have a Red Wine Clari-T on the way that I think will up the ante some.

While my exposure to high-end amps is limited I'm really impressed with how this setup sounds. The speakers are really remarkable.
I have found the Arro's to sound best with warmer tube amps. The Jolida 302b is the best I've heard paired with them. I imagine that the CJ amps suggested here would also work well.

Michael
All,

What subwoofers do you use with Totem Arros ?

I am assuming CJ CAV 50 has a subwoofer out. Can you please confirm ? Also with just 45 watts, can CJ CAV 50 drive Arros to room filling sound in a 20 x 20 x 8 room if it is paired up with a good matching subwoofer ?

Thanks
Grakesh
Sufentanil,

What other Amps did you try with Arros in-addition to Jolida 302b ?

Thanks
grakesh