Totem Arros - Tube Amps ?

Hi,

I am trying to help my frend with a 2 channel set-up for a medium room ( 15 x 12 x 8 ). We are considering Totem Arros. Which of the following amps will be a good fit:

1. Cary SLI-80
2. Primalune Prologue 2
3. VTL IT-85

I know that cary is a more expensive one....but we wan to consider the amp that best integarates with Arros. Musical preference is Vocals, Instruments and Jazz with occasional pop.

Thanks
Grakesh
grakesh
Grakesh,

I have heard the Arro's with Jolida, Consonance, Marsh, McIntosh, Music Hall (Mambo) and a couple others. (We had a lot of fun at a dealer near where I lived last year trying different amps with those speakers.) Of those, my favorite is the Jolida 302b and my least favorite was $8000 of McIntosh preamp/amp combo. I also have my Arro's hooked up to my Sherbourn 5-channel amp (sounds decent, actually) and sometimes try it with my Innersound ESL 300 (sounds OK, but I really prefer the Jolida).

I hope that helps.

Michael
Hi,

I just realised that CJ CAV 50 does not come with a Remote. I usually prefer to have a remote with minimalistic functions namely vol control and mute.

Also, can any Arro owners let me know what subwoofers they use with Totem Arros in their 2 channel set-up ?

Thanks
Grakesh
Not with Arros, but I used a Rel Storm III with Totem Sttafs and it was a beautiful combination. Seamless, and full.
Bdgregory,

What are you driving your staffs with ? Are you using 2 sub woofers or just one ?

We were thinking of trying this combo:

Totem Arro
REL STORM (or) Stadium
Mostly Conrad Johnson CAV 50, if not Cary SLI 80
Rega Planet 2000

The one thing that concerns me is CJ CAV 50 lacking a remote. The other one is ...does CJ have a sub woofer out and if I want to go with two sub woofers, how can we do that ?

Thanks
Grakesh