PS Audio GCPH comments-opinions

Hi All, I'd like to garner opinions on how owners of this Unit, like them, their take on the internal componentry used, the operation of the unit, and technical aspects.

Was wondering can one deviate from the factory loading presets in any way, should one wish to try different loading values versus the factory pre-set settings?

My Cartridge is a original Hi-Output Glider with 1.9Mv Output, internal Impedance of 85ohms, and loading recommendations of 1000k-47K
A mini-review would be sweet! mark
markd51
Hmmm, I haven't read about folks discovering Hum, but have read one incident with hissing in one channel when set at 47K, and it was do to a solder trace being to close to the output stage on the circuit board. Supposedly, PS Audio has rectified the problem on new units.

With a 30 day in home trial, with full refund (minus shipping charges) there doesn't seem like much risk trying one. If it stomps my exisiting unit, it stays, and if it doesn't it goes back.

Perhaps not much written yet, as the Unit is still relatively new on the market? Mark
Tried to find where I read about the hum to no avail. I know I read it though but it was just a passing comment someone made within an otherwise glowing review (not professional review but on some blog). I would be very interested to know how you like the GCPH. It certainly intrigues me. And I find PS quality really second to none for the relatively reasonable investment.
Howdy Sit, I did go to the PS Audio Site, yet couldn't find any downloadable manuals of any kind.
Can you provide a link, or how to find these on the site? Thanks you, Mark