J.Rowland Is it possible to shut off the display

Ive got my JRDG Concerto yesterday, sounds great, but i don't know is it possible to shut off the display? Also I can't figure out how the balance control works?
Any help would be highly appreciated!
bxxxb
Balance control works for me, I believe you have 6 clicks in either direction. The balance control never fully defeats either channel. I also wonder is it OK to leave amp always on?
No kidding? My dealer said no, but he may have been wrong and if it is a subtle change, I would have assumed it wasn't there at all. So is there a way to know it's back to center other than by ear?
Hold the mute button for about 3 seconds or so. This must be done by physically pushing the button on the amp, not by using the remote. The amp will click, the readout will go dark, and the amp will reset itself to 00.0 volume on Line 1. This resets balance to centre.
Ironically, I deactivated the balance control of my Concentra. I have no use for it, and, as it's only on the remote, I simply removed the two buttons and taped over the holes. That way, I can't accidently hit a button while attempting to change volume, etc., which neccesitates a re-setting of the amp in order to get back to the default balance (or you can do it by ear!).

As to the display shut-off on the Concentra, I was lucky enough to have bought it already configured that way. According to the manual, "your dealer can internally configure the display to turn off after five seconds from initiating any front panel [or remote] command." I'm sure it's fairly easy to do, but you will have to lug it to a dealer! On the other hand, if your handy, you might try calling the JRDG, and they may be able to talk you through it.

As an aside, I LOVE this amp.

Tony