J.Rowland Is it possible to shut off the display

Ive got my JRDG Concerto yesterday, sounds great, but i don't know is it possible to shut off the display? Also I can't figure out how the balance control works?
Any help would be highly appreciated!
bxxxb
John,

I believe it is just a push of a button on the remote. What the comments above alluded to, I believe, is that when you adjust the balance, there is nothing that shows where the current setting is, so to be sure you can reset it to center by using the mute button on the unit itself.
I bought a JRDG Synergy IIi pre-amp about 4 months ago....and was wondering the same thing. How do I shut off the display ????.....so I called Jeff Rowland and could not for the life of me figure out what the hell the technician was saying. What I did hear was that the crystal in the display was good for 30 years !!! So, I'm 48 almost 49 so the hell with it, I'll be dead. The balance control is a whole new problem. But,what a great piece ( of equipment ) I have owned ''his'' stuff for close to 11 years now and have never looked back on anything else.
Not all recordings are perfectly L/R balanced. On many recordings a small adjustment in the balance control can snap the soundstage into greater focus.
I have Jungson JA 88C (cost me all of $325 used) which uses the Rowland digital volume control. Try depressing and holding down (not a quick click) the mute button on the remote for a few seconds. This defeats the display on the Jungson (which also has no power switch on the front of the amp) which has no controls on the amp other than volume. Adjusting the volume on the amp or remote, or changing input on the remote will then re-activate the display.

Give it a try.