Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Regarding Sherod's question: As a beta tester of the preamp, I had the opportunity to listen to all versions of the preamp. I was impressed when Joseph delivered a tube preamp capable of 105dB S/N. However, when he added the transformer and other upgrade options, the quality of the music was greatly improved. More detail emerged. The music was communicated more vividly and with greater subtlety. Ultimately, I bought the TP 2.0nB (premium transformer version) because it sounded so beautiful. Fortunately, Joseph has made an upgrade path for this preamp. Those who enjoy versions lower on the upgrade path can look forward to new and substantially greater pleasure in the future.
Cedar,
I've definitely got the "B" upgrade on my "wish" list. I'm so happy with the "n" version that I don't know if my ears can handle the "B" upgrade (LOL). I'm glad you're enjoying your preamp.
Hey you A.H. TP 2.0-ers, you know who you are !!

Wanted to bring this thread up from the archives to keep up to date on what's happening.

My new 3/4" gloss black acrylic lid is completed, took some time, I've been busy with other stuff.

It looks beautiful and functions as a damping device.

Cooling is not a problem, plus there are no holes for mounting, it "sets into" the top of the chassis by a step I cut around the outside diameter.

The bottom edge that rests on the top of the chassis has been lined with strips of black adhesive-back felt.

Gravity and the weight alone keep it in place.

What I didn't say is the four hours + I spent on the Bridgeport after work, shaving and fine-tuning this sucker to fit like a glove.

The looks and sound are well worth it, pictures will be available soon.
Hey Rx8man,
Good to hear from you. I look forward to seeing the pictures of the new lid for your preamp. I'm enjoying my TP 2.0n more everyday. It's very musical and natural. I just got in a pair of Joseph's Transparent interconnects and although it's been only a few days in the system, so far I'm pretty impressed. It is very natural sounding with excellent dynamics.
Thanks Sherod,

I might get ambitious and try making a pair of these for my amps as well !

It's a shame more folks don't know how great this preamp sounds.
Equipment like this usually don't get the hot-press reports, they go word-of-mouth by owners on forums.

I noticed this trend with other equipment as well, sorta like an underground secret having to be discovered !