Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
TP 2.0n user with tube upgrade. It works well with Wadia 581. This is my first tube preamp, the only downside is I need to turn it off after listening to save the life of tube.
Markwatkiss,
I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your TP 2.0 preamp. To state confidently that it is sonically superior to the Aesthetix Calypso is high praise indeed as the Calypso is highly revered in the audiophile community. Yes, I also don't mind it not having a remote because I too need to take the time to open up that bottle of wine. Cheers and happy listening.
Does the TP 2.0 have a standby mode. If not about how long does it need to warm up before being nice to the music.
The preamp has a 30 second turn on delay. It sounds good almost immediately. It does not run hot even after long periods. However, like all audio gear I have heard, it does sound better when it reaches stable operating temperature.
I agree with Cedar. It does sound excellent right after turn-on. As to how long the circuit takes to stabilize, I'm not sure. I doubt very long. There are other variables at play, AC, amp and source warm-up, etc. Bottom line, this preamp reproduces what is reproduced very convincingly.