Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Tvad. I am currently auditioning AH against a ss pre. I dont know if this will help you but my system was very detailed and on the best 10% of CD recordings couldn't please me more in terms of clairty. But on less ideal recordings and higher volumes it could sound a touch strident or etched. With the AH preamp the best 10% is much more gorgeous and the next 70% have become beautiful to listen to, all without losing detail and clarity. Yet I would not describe AH as warm in any "cover it up way" rather it sounds more like real instruments, with acoustic instruments having their natural warmth and electronic instruments very smooth on new age stuff and acidy on acid rock. So I am being drawn to listen to the large amount of music in my collection that isn't the top 10% and finding much of it captivatingly beautiful, powerful or sparkley or soothing whatever it was intended to be. That is a real treat. As this is occuring in a deeper soundfield with more air and surer location of voices or instruments. Fellow owners - did I capture some of the appeal of the AH?
Joe,
You touched on what the preamp does for me. "Captivating" is a nice descriptive word.
Gammajo. I fill is very accurate with his description of our AH. The more I listen whether to relax, or to listen critically. I realise how much more natural all instruments are coming across including placement of the performers. I listen to Vinyl most of the time, but with the recent purchase of my AH, I have been playing CD's quite often and find these qualities to shine through both. I also come from a SS Preamp, one obvious difference was the liveliness of the music, everything seems to be played in front of you as opposed to listening to the acoustics of the studio which I have found in some systems nice, but not for me.