Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Agree with all the above :

Review the top preamp *without* the phono stage (as a line only, how it originated)

Also, I'd like to see it pitted against some big-name, expensive preamps we're familiar with reading about in these threads.

Congratulations to Joseph "Commander" Chow (I like that La45 !) and Victor Comerchero.

I would like to thank everyone who took a moment to express their opinion about the pending review. We have taken your advice to heart and will, as most of you suggest, send the line stage TP 2.1RnB--we include the remote because the reviewer asked for the remote. Since he is willing to also audition the phono stage, we will send him the TP 8.0cMCpn, which is our top line phono preamp, playable either amp direct or through the 2.1.

For our cable fans, you might be pleased to know the reviewer wants us to send our power cords and cables along, which we shall do.

I hope with all of you that this is a break through opportunity for a very sweet guy and an extraordinarily talented designer--Joseph Chow.

My thanks to all of you again.

On a different note, a supplier of extremely fine Siemens early 60's NOS CCa tubes--both Gamajo and I are very pleased with them--has more of them to sell. they are $350 a pair, and $650 a quad. These tubes will last 10,000 hours. Please contact me if you are interested.

Victor
If anyone is still experimenting with tube rolling in their TP 2.0 preamps, in my system I've yet to find a better tube for locations one and three than an early 60's Siemens Cca, but I recently bought a NOS pair of 60's Siemens E88CC with the A-frame halos and put them in locations two and four and the combination is really musical. The A-frames seem to have a larger soundstage with a little more airiness. This combo sounds better to me than all Cca's in the four positions. Here are some similar A-frames to the ones I found, except mine are date coded A3, while these are A6:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Siemens-JAN-6922-Matched-Pair-Gold-Pin-E88CC-7308_W0QQitemZ320143186035QQihZ011QQcategoryZ67816QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I'm still experimenting with output caps but for the time being I am back with the original upgraded Hovlands. I'm going to try two more caps and then make my final decision. Happy listening everyone. I hope you're enjoying your systems.
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but in the new TP 2.1nB, Joseph has removed the AC filter. I'm curious about this as the filter was an original add-on upgrade in the 2.0 versions.

http://161.58.252.3/i/s/f/1186200477.jpg

Gentlemen,
This has made for an extremely interesting three hours of reading today (which just happens to be a very hot, humid, rainy day). Since I’m in the market for a preamp for an analog system I’m putting together, I’m going to have to give this Audio Horizons preamp a listen to.
Thanks for your posts.