Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Cdente,
It's your call,but I'd wait for the new Claritycap for the preamp since you're already getting it for your DAC. I would do one thing at a time to avoid confusion. Let the Clarity caps break into your DAC and listen to your favorite reference music to make sure that you like the new sound. If you hear the improvements like I think you will, then I would look at the preamp next, of course with the newest upgrades depending on your budget. In my opinion, the Claritycap MR option is a "no- brainer". (O:
Hey Sherod:

Just got word from Victor:

"We have finalized the price of the Clarity-Vishay upgrade for the TD 3.0. This upgrade includes 4 Clarity MR caps, 8 Vishay resistors. With it we also do a Harmonic alignment, which requires a few more parts to align and adds an extra layer of smoothness and coherence to the sound. It is a very definite step up in performance quality."

Moving forward with this upgrade. It will will be a few weeks yet but parts are on the way. Keep you posted if you are interested.

Cheers

Charlie
Charlie,
Welcome to the AH club. I look forward to hearing your impressions. I am also in line to send my preamp to Joseph for the transformer/Vishay upgrade. As you know, I already have the Claritycaps. (O:
Thanks for the welcome. I would not be in a position to take advantage of this new technology if were not for you and the other folks on this thread. I'm relatively new to this high-end audio but look forward to participating and sharing impressions where I can. Thanks again to all.
Charlie,
I look forward to hearing your impressions of the sound of these upgrades.