Recommend relatively obscure high end tube preamps

Just wondering whether people can offer advice on high end preamps worth auditioning. I am looking for those who have experience with more esoteric and expensive equipment (MSRP >5000). I've owned Wavac (never should have sold it) and now own the Aesthetix Callisto Signature. I've owned BAT, CJ, ARC so I'm not looking for answers on things you can readily find.

One that comes to mind is the Brinkmann Marconi. Any opinions?

What else is out there?

~ William
classicjazz
Another vote for the New Audio Frontiers "Absolute" preamplifier. As a note, our company is the US distributor of NAF and with extensive experience with the Wavac products....the NAF "Absolute" is very special and thankfully a very honorable company!!!!

Reviews and info on our website (www.tmhaudio.com) for those inquisitive minds. btw, their "845" SET amps are nothing short of stunning - all relatively affordable for ultra high performance products, too.
I think I would also throw in a vote for Viva. Their pre-amps and amps really deliver a truly lush life-like sound. It's like the singers are standing in the room with you -haunting, really.

And they also fit your other criteria..... esoteric, obscure, hard to find, 'Spensive, sexy good looks, great finish, exotic, jaw dropping, "what the hell is that?" etc.
I have just picked up the "VivA Fono" stage. This stage works extremely well with my Lyra Titan cartridge once I removed the loading resistors and substituted the 12AX7 tubes with Amperex Bugle Boys (the model I tried was originally set up for a Transfiguration Orpheus).

The Fono is, in my setup, rich, musical and non-mechanical sounding. It is not overly warm or sluggish and it does not round off detail.

My only big "issues" with it have to do with size and difficulty integrating it into my setup. It is comprised of two very big, albeit well constructed, boxes.
This is rare/obscure/hi-end. Hand built to any spec with no distribution. Not much info out there, but some people have raved about them.

He can make any one in any fashion you like.

For example a QA-806 made with separate power supplies and a 2 colour chassis including piano black finish with all the extra options (inputs, remote, etc) would be pricey, impressive, and nice.....

You have to speak with Albert to really understand the options on all of the preamps.

http://www.space-tech-lab.com/PreAmpPage.html