NuForce Popping

I am interested in these products but has anybody heard of NuForce products popping? I went to a store that was supposed to carry them and the sales person mentioned they had them for auditioning but decided to not carry their products as every NuForce product popped (amps, preamps, integrateds). Maybe that's why there are so many for sale.
silverarrows
I've had several pairs of the NuForce amps and I now own their top of the line 9SE amps. Of the amps that I've owned, which includes a couple of pairs of Reference 8s, a Ref 9.02 pair, and now the 9SE's, I never had any of the amps fail, pop, or otherwise go bad.

I have heard of a few failures due to the fact that early versions of the NuForce amps had to have a load connected to the speaker terminals or they would sometimes overheat and fail. But NuForce fixed that problem a while back.

I think that certain of the amp's detractors would like to have others believe that the NuForce amps are unreliable, but in my experience, this has not been the case. I believe that NuForce has extended their warranty from one to three years, and they wouldn't have done that if they didn't feel confident that the design is stable and reliable.
Good to know. It's also possible that their source may have been causing this problem. I have a pop in my current system and I've narrowed it down to my DAC.

I have heard the Ref 9s and did like the sound and will most likely get a pair, hopefully soon.

Thanks.
Forgot to ask, how would I identify these older amps that failed a while ago? If I buy something from this site I would obviously want the updated versions.
I see you are brand new here. Welcome.

I think it would be interesting to know the name and location of the store you are talking about and what other products they carry.

If a dealer would not or could not represent the Nuforce line, it would certainly make sense that some may frabricate shortcomings of products they don't carry in order to steer others toward another brand.

-IMO