DK Design Review

Strange silence on the recent DK Design review considering all the comments previously about this integrated.
emorawski
Gunbei, let me make something clear about the Daniels comments at the end of my "review". Two of my friends contacted him speaking kindly as they were hoping he would allow me to give the amp to them instead of sending it back to the fatory. His taking an opportunity to inject comments are out of line, IMO.
I agree Brian, it always rubs me the wrong way when a manufacturer feels compelled to add comments to a review they aren't happy with. And to place blame on possible faulty internal wiring doesn't help the reputation of their Q.C. either.
DK bashers may also want to check out the following review, where the DK clearly competes with separates well north of $10,000:

http://www.boundforsound.com/reviews.htm#LSA%20Group%20DK%20VS-1
Another interesting review...it makes me want to go out and audition the Creek even more...especially knowing that if it can beat the DK in more areas than not (according to the Stereophile review) and if that's the case...then I guess that a $1500 integrated will clearly compete even more advantageously with separates that are "well north of $10,000"

Oh...and I loooooove the comparison to Gryphon. Never heard the stuff but I understand that it is one of the "Holy Grail" brands (in all seriousness)...but if you say that the DK is like Gryphon because of Solen devices...then you could also assume that it is like the sub $1500 Primaluna Prologue 2 as they use Solen also.

Taking a "part" that is used in an amplifier and then using it as a basis to give it a favorable comparison to a MUCH higher end amp is akin to putting 18" wheels & S03's on a Honda and comparing it favorably to a Porsche.
Actually, I wouldn't mind having a Honda S2000 with 18s, but I wouldn't put Bridgestone Potenza SO3s on them. Too damn noisy!

IMHO, modern Porsches lack driving soul. You know what era 911 I like Ellery! I'd rather have a Cayman than a new 911.

Hondas are made for driving enthusiasts!