DK Design Review

Strange silence on the recent DK Design review considering all the comments previously about this integrated.
emorawski
I think all the DK bashers in this thread are crippled by fear in the face of greatness.
Audioari1

ROTFLMAO!! I have to hand it to you Audioari1, at least you provide some comic relief, if nothing else. That's the best laugh I've had in awhile. You really should be working the comedy clubs.

Thank goodness that posts from the likes of Aceboympk
and Johnrob add to those of 84audio to demonstrate that some DK owners are indeed audiophiles and civil human beings as well. Welcome to you all. If you could kindly weed out the infantile pro DK responders such as Audioari1 (he must be a dealer), it would go a long way towards establishing respect for the DK brand.
Well, right now I own Tyler Acoustic Linbrook Signature Monitors. They are highly efficient at 92db, have a great freq range 35hz-25khz, and fit into my listening room nicely (though I'm really wanting a full range tower, yet too big for my room!). The Seas drivers and Millenium tweeter are outstanding. The M-T-M design of Dr. D'Appolito (or whatever his name is) is a fantastic design and Ty did a fantastic job working with it.

I've also heard very good results matching the DK with Van Schweikert and Zu speakers.

I am also planning on changing my front end which is also a Jolida (with Level 1 mods). I like it a lot, but I'm looking for something that is a little more detailed, but not forward sounding. Unfortunatley, I'll have to pay double what I paid for it! Ah, that's ok it's only money right ;-).

I've read some good things about the Consonance Droplet (maybe a bit "over praised" like the DK amps) and the Audio Aero Prima MK III (the new one with the Sony transport). However, I'm having troubles negotiating with owners on the PayPal fees. I wish I could listen to both on my system first. Ho hum!

I've been on Agon for about 4 years now, and I don't remember buyers ALWAYS having to pay for PayPal fees. Kind of weird that two sellers and I walked away from a deal for $2200 over $66 in PayPal fees. But, no worries.

What will be shall be. It's a long road, I'm meeting some cool people, and enjoying my experience learning about the sound I enjoy. Thanks for your polite reception to my long-winded disertation!

Regards,
Mark
I don't own and have never heard a DK Design amp, but it has been interesting to read the DK threads for what they reveal about the hi-end business and the personalities of the posters. My only reason for my getting involved at this point, in the most minor way, is a clarification.

Until now, I thought all the DK (LSA Group) integrateds sold for around $3,000. Certainly the perceived quality of the DK integrated relative to its price has been one of the main points argued in its favor from the beginning of this debate about a year ago. The recent Bound for Sound review of the DK Signature alerted me to the fact that he MSRP for that model is $6,000. There is nothing wrong with DK selling a one model for twice the price of its standard offering, but it does alter the value equation. Some of the posters to this thread seem to glossed over the price differential in generalizing about the value represented by DK amps, especially when they refer to the Bound for Sound review.
Jmcgrogan, thanks I am glad you enjoy my posts :). Let me make something clear, I am NOT a DK dealer. However, I was a DK dealer about a year ago until the former owner (Daniel Khesin) terminated our relationship because I was selling DK amps on the internet. After taking over the company, Larry Staples offered to re-instate my dealership, but alas I am no longer in the business.

So I really have nothing to gain financially with any of my posts.
I wouldn't pay $6k for an integrated amp regardless of who made it. There are some separate used monoblocks that I would pay $6k for, but then I'd have to upgrade everything in my system from PC/IC/speaker cables, Preamp, Front End, speakers and room treatments. I would budget about $15-20k to get everything set up properly.

Then I would contact a locksmith to get the doors to my house open because my wife would have changed the locks.

That would give me an opportunity to get my system out of the house. Now where to set it up because it won't fit in the car I'll be sleeping in. ;-)

I think the price point for these amps on the used market is right where they belong. In fact, I think they're a good bargain at that price, though I've seen some used 300B tube amps at that price that are REALLY attractive! Some people who haven't heard the amp may get a chance to sample them and flip them right away (if they didn't like it) for a pretty cheap price. Or, some folks may find "better" sounding amps for the same price as these are used. That Creek model for $1500 (the same price as these are going for used) would be a great A/B test.

My recommendation: Judge your ears and not someone else's words. They got you this far.

Regards,
Mark