DK Design Review

Strange silence on the recent DK Design review considering all the comments previously about this integrated.
emorawski
Where's Audioaril when you need him? From the "best in the world" to discontinued with only one pair made. Maybe he should buy them?

February 1, 2007 - LSA10 (DK F7-XDream) Speaker Project Discontinued

When LSA Group acquired DK Design Group in 2005, one prototype speaker cabinet was designated as DK’s top-end model, proposed to retail for $17,000. The 300 lb. cabinets were machined from aluminum, acoustically inert and radical in styling. LSA developed a sophisticated crossover network and exhaustively tested the unit, resulting in excellent sound performance.

This model, with its contemporary styling, garnered much attention around the industry and we continue to receive inquiries as to the status of the project.

In the meantime, we determined that rising costs of aluminum, machining and transportation of this model would result in an estimated price to the consumer of $80,000 - far in excess of the original target price.

We have decided that discontinuing this project is the best course of action
Snofun3, did you mean to say postponed rather than discontinued? Having heard these prototypes, I really hope so.
Have a LSA Statement amp with John Tucker super mods on the Pre amp section. It really is a great amp beating out my ASR Emitter 1 Exclusive in some areas.

Bought it for 3K shipped to John. Paid 1.6K for mods and shipping to FL. 4.6K and I have a killer amp on my hands. Have all Portal wire and will demo the new Exemplar dac.
Glory, are you using it as an integrated amp or just an amp? Also, do you have the Urushi caps? I had the previous, just Statement version, and this one is a great improvement.