Best used amp in the $1500 range

If you had a budget of about $1500 to spend on a used amp, which you you look at? Primarily to be used for the front two channels in a multipurpose system, but music performance in paramount.

Also, not interested in tubes and would like something with decent power.

Thanks.
jack_dotson
Hi Jack, were you looking to make a tonal shift by going to a different amp or is there something else you were hoping to ameliorate?
BAT solid state amp sounded good with them when I listened to them...I don't see much for sale right now in the listings section though.

Dave
Channel Island D-100 monoblocks would be within your budget ($1599.00 new) plus the privilage of a 30 day trial, can't go wrong, check-em out.
I have a good friend that owns the Classe 300 and the Audire Otez. Both amplifiers sound very good. Infact you may have a hard time hearing a difference comparing them. The Audire amplifiers don't seem to be well known as a whole. Even though they've been around since 1971.This amplifier competes well against its boat anchor brothren in pure massive POWER and CONTROL. If you can find this $5000 amplifier for $1500 it is well worth it. There's an Audire Parlando for sale on Agon now...it's the 100 wpc pure class A version of the Otez. Same amplifier just configured differently.
I second the McCormack Virginia series amps (DNA-125 or DNA-225.) Remarkable sound for the price, and if you ever want an amp that will stay in your system for many, many years you can send it to Steve McCormack for modifications.