Cheapest class D amp?

I have a neighbor with a 4 ohm speaker. He is tired of bland boring sound. His budget is slim. Please tell me what class D amps you have tried, and how they sounded. Thanks.
muralman1
No kidding? Now, that is cheap. I'll look it up. His amp is some old sluggo solid state. Class D amps are always lively.
Class D amps are always lively.
Muralman1 (System | Threads | Answers)
Sorry, but that's a generalization that does not hold true to my ears, based on hearing several in my system and at a few audio shows.

I suppose one's definition of lively is important to the discussion. If you're talking about frequency extension and clarity, then the Class D amps are lively. Other than that, the Class D amps I have heard were anything but lively.
Tvad, have you ever heard the Rowland 201, or Nuforce? These two amps are way out of range for my friend, but they are what I am getting at. The Rowland is essentially an ICE module in a pretty box. There must be ordinary boxed ICE amps for a lot less out there. The amp he is using is underpowered, and thus lifeless.

06-23-06: Muralman1
Tvad, have you ever heard the Rowland 201, or Nuforce?
I have heard the Nuforce Ref 8 in my system, and the Ref 9.02SE at the Nuforce room at the LA HES. I have not heard the Rowland 201.