Cheapest class D amp?

I have a neighbor with a 4 ohm speaker. He is tired of bland boring sound. His budget is slim. Please tell me what class D amps you have tried, and how they sounded. Thanks.
muralman1
Plato, do you suppose Flying Moles (why does that name remind me of SNL Smuckers routine) would work with 4 ohm speakers of dismally low impedance?
06-23-06: Plato
...one of the biggest strengths of the NuForce amps is their unbridled sense of dynamics. My Ref 9SE's have nearly bone-crunching dynamic schmaaack in my system and they lack the homogenation and congestion typical of most analog designs.
I agree that the NuForce amps have amazing dynamics and extension, but these are not the only ingredients that comprise a lively amp...lively meaning "like life". IMO.

I realize my opinion is not shared by a large community of digital amp aficionados.
Hi Muralman1,

The Flying Moles are optimized for 4 to 8-ohm operation, so as long as your friend's 4-ohm speaker doesn't have a broad dip down to 2 or so ohms, then they should work fine. Apparently they can be biased at the factory to work more efficiently into very low impedance loads. And you have to consider the speaker's efficiency, the room size, and how loudly they're going to be played, as well...
Tvad, if only you lived nearby. Wait a minute, you live in Hollywood. Why don't you catch a private Lear to your State's capitol. Someone did that two days ago, just to hear my Scintillas.