EL34 Integrated

I am in need of a bargain integrated with el34 for my bedroom system to be used with Merlin tsm-mm. Name isn't a factor. Thanks in advance.
jamesw20
I would suggest an Onix/Melody SP3 integrated amp. It has 38 watts per channel, Huge Trannies, 2 inputs, uses 4 5881 tubes, and it sounds wonderful. Check it out on www.av123.com. Look at the reviews. You may find something of interest. I have not had this amp IMO system yet but I will soon. I have two friends locally that do have them and I can say it sounds very interesting.

Also understand that tube amps do not have the control in the bottom end that solid state amps have. I was once told by an old audio guy to, "buy an amp with as much metal as you can get. The bigger the transformers the better the sound." I think he may be on to something.

Also check this site for the SP3 too. The prices are coming down on these lately. Not a bad thing just lots of them for sale. I assure you that the prices won't stay low for long. This integrated amp is built better than some amps costing 3 to 4 times as much.
no brainer-
shanling 35 watt integrated.

good out of the box.

roll the tubes (not a big deal) and your really sweet.

additional mods available for down the road upgrades.

I have one in my office driving a set of proac 2.5's.

very, very pleasing, if not the final word in accuracy & resolution. OTH - can listen to the rig for hours w/ a smile on my face.

best regards - good luck.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue15/shanling.htm
I would also suggest looking into the Primaluna int.`s sold by Upscale Audio. The Prologue One is 35w/ch. using EL-34`s...the Prologue Two, 40w/ch., can also be used with the 34`s. Lots of great reviews and there may be a couple of used ones here on a`gon. They usually go for $900-$1200 respectively on the used market.

I have the tsm`s on order and should be receiving them shortly. I hope you let us know which int. amp that you chose and fill us in on the results.

Good luck.
Sorry about the question for the onix after someone had responded. I'm interested in the Ming Da MC34A? Anyone familiar?