Class D Amps - FM reception

Are there any high quality Class D (or equivalent) amps that do not interfere with FM reception. (I read that NuForce amps, for example, destroy FM reception.)I would like to try one out in my bedroom system but I listen to FM a lot in that room and don't want to lose my recetion. Thanks.

Neal
Ag insider logo xs@2xnglazer

Channel Islands D200's are another option you might want to look into. Very nice amp that some prefer to the Nuforce.
Interestingly, no one except Vic said anything about the antennae they're using. And he has a directional yagi that's well away from his locally generated rfi. So if you're using a dipole FM antenna in the same room as your digital gear, what do you expect?

That said, a lot of rfi can be dumped into your power lines by the PC on the digital equipment -- shielded PCs help keep it from broadcasting into the air but not from contaminating the house wiring itself. Using a conditioner or regenerator with digitally filtered outlets can keep this from becoming a problem -- and eliminates the necessity of plugging the digital gear into a separate circuit.
I use shielded power cords and an Exactpower EP-15A. The antennas I have used are a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 and a large Godar. I remember trying each in the same room as the system. In the case of the ST-2, the eAR amp was in use and the H20 with the Godar.

There was no noise problem. The reception is better with the antenna in the attic through.

I am doubtful of of typical filters curing a noise problem of sufficient magnitude. I wonder where the FCC stands on components generating noise...

Bob
I had FM interference with the Nuforce 8s and was able to totally eliminate it by using a coax cable hooked up to the FM tuner for reception.
Thanks, all. Sounds like a headache I can avoid with a traditional SS amp. Perhaps next generation of Class D amps will solve this problem.

Neal