Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Charles, Yes the Sophia Electric 91-05 is a beautiful sounding output transformer and my amp is tweeked out WE91a with Black Gates in the tube bypasses and Duelund couplers and I recently optimized the power supply with some help from one of the guys on the Audio Ayslum site so at this time I dont want to upset the apple cart of sonic goodness so the plan is to build a second amp with the AN output trannies. They are double C Core Ultra HiB. These are the version just below silver. Take a look at AN prices for their silver transfomers in pounds and then convert to dollars, you'll gasp in horror. But before I build the second amp I'll uninstall the Sophias and put these bad boys into service on my present amp. These AN transformers have a 2.7k primary impedance which is specifically designed to work with Audio Note speakers. I havent posted anything in my system thread for a while so I'll update it with more info about my 2nd amp.

Grannyring we need to compare notes on our polypropylene capacitors.
Jet
What output tubes will you be using in this second amplifier? Wow, you are in store for much fun and listening pleasure. I will follow your system page thread for sure. I know what you mean regarding the use of silver transformers, they are said to be the ultimate in sound but are very expensive. I am very curious to see how the Sophia Transformers compare to the Audio Note output transformers
Charles,.
Charles I'll most likely be using EMLs in the second amp but it really depends on how EML300bXLS sound with Audio Note Transformers. Love the EML's they are so well balanced that I can use AC heat on the filaments with no hum pots. (The elimination of hum pots was a sonic revelation). EML also makes versions of their tubes with a 5th pin that connects directly to the center of the filament creating a "cathode" which should also make the tube completely hum free and making the biasing circuit even more simple than it is now. This means even less parts in the circuit.
Jet, Raylinds, Charles,
Your knowledge astounds me; it certainly leaves me in the dust. I suppose I'll learn a lot more as my wife builds the AN-Kit 1. I will be with her step-by-step during the build process. I know I really enjoy Alnico speakers as well. Perhaps we should also build the AN Alnico speakers???
Rob,
We all learn from each other and the experiences posted here. For example I look forward to reading your impressions of the Tekton Lore and the De Capo with your amplifiers. Most of us posting on this thread are just music lovers who want natural sounding components to increase our listening enjoyment. I'm very eager to read Rebbi's impressions when he gets his properly functioning amplifier back.
Charles,