Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Mikirob you guys will learn alot about how an amp works and as I mentioned to Rebbie you'll learn that you can tweak a part or two in the amp to taylor the sound to your liking. I have no idea how Audio Note speakers sound with Alnico drivers. It is the highest level AN speaker kit.

Mapman, well said. One's amp should be relaxed and as comfortable as possible and the music will sound that way too. Makes me wonder about why there are so many different operating points that manufacturer's run their 300b amps at. Some really hot like 80-90 mA and some around 60mA or less. Arguments on both side make my head spin
A few examples of jazz bassists who were known for "walking" the bass. Leroy Vinegar,Percy Health,Curtis Counts and Paul Chambers.
Charles, I see you know Jazz and quality bassists. Did you know many bass players have difficulty with walking bass when they first take up the instrument?
Charles,
Yes, have them all on various records or cd. I was listening to LeRoy yesterday with Chet Baker, then later with Ben Webster. I like it that he also did the Doors and Van Morrison on some numbers.
Rob,thanks. The dynamo/decapo pair has much to like, but I think walking bass presents a challenge. When I get everything reunited in my new home I will reevaluate this with the decapos drive by the Frankensteins.