Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Working on another blog post. Should be up in a day or two. It'll feature photos of the amp which now has the very pretty copper tube insert plate. I'll also have a few pics of Digital Pete's handiwork in prettying up some of the wiring, etc... Stay tuned!
Also please include your latest listening impressions. Looking forward to your comments. Best...
Final Kit 1 blog post here. Listening impressions and build pictures included.
Enjoy!
Reb,

I'm glad it all worked out as it should.

There may be some lessons learned here for AN Kits in particular.

You mentioned during the build as I recall that the build documentation was new or still in some unfinished state. has that been resolved? If one is to have a chance at building a kit anywhere near as well as an expert like DP, the build documentation should be 100% accurate. If DP is the expert, I wonder if he helps develop the build guides? Or at least provides editorial feedback. Its not clear to me that one would have a chance of doing it as well as him currently with the documentation that you were provided initially. My impression is taht it was somewhat not up to date and would not specify some of the things that Pete did.

The devil is always in the details with complex projects like this, especially with finicky audiophiles.

A complete and up to date and fully accurate build guide would help keep AN kits customer support costs down I would think so it would be a top priority if it were me.