Newbie Part 2

Hi-

Thank you all for responding to my previous threads. To refresh your memories, I have just purchased Paradigm Studio 100 v2 speakers (used), and have a Harman Kardon AVR-25 Mark II, and a Sony carousel - model CDP-CX300. I received numerous suggestions, and went out today to listen a bit.

I heard the Rotel Rc-1070 pre and the RB-1080 main, and they sounded good (and the "new" price was good, so a used price would be better). I also listened to the Arcam cd73 and was blown away by the difference between that an the cd192.

Previous suggestions for amps include YBA Integre (seems a little low in power to me), Odyssey amps generally, and an Audio Refinement Complete (although the reviews on this were mixed). Also, my local Paradigm dealer sells, among other things, the Anthem amps (of course), and recommends them highly with my speakers (but he didn't have the amp in stock). Can I get a few opinons (many is better) on these amps for my specific speakers if you have any knwoledge and actual experience?

Also, since I always thought cd players were cd players, I was blown away by the Arcam test today. Originally, I was recommended the Audio Aero Prima, the Rega Apollo, and the Prima Luna Prologue. Ideally, I'd like to get a cd play and amp/preamp (or integrated) that will be a significant benefit to my system all for $1500 or under. Not sure if that's possible, but am also looking for cd suggestions (matched with amps) if you're so inclined.

Sorry for the long message, but I'm learning more each day. Thanks for all of your help.
blewis1041
AA prima mkii cdp...$900-$1100 used.

AA prima mki int. amp...$550 +or- used.

This combonation has worked very well for me in front of my merlins. I`ve done some tube rolling in the prima amp and am now using a vintage 6922 amperex pq white label USA 1960. Great fun.
The audio refinement dispute I was referring to was in my prior thread between 2 people here, but was not based on any amp reviews.
That's what I suspeceted.

I do believe 50wpc is not enough juice to get your Paradigms singing. Look for 100wpc or more.
Oh yeah - a few more things. Part of what started the look for the amp is my current amp at the 9 o'clock setting is mildly loud. I like newer rock/alternative, and often like to boost it. I have also always been told that somewhere between 9:00 and 11:00 is where you should keep the dials. I don't know if this varies from speaker to speaker and amp to amp, but I have generally not gone beyond 10:00. Also, while I don't get all of the techno-jargon (or babble?), I looked at the Stereophile review of the PrimaLuna, and one of the diagrams and explanations (Fig. 5), suggests to me that loud desires may mean trouble for this amp. As always, I am open to further comments/suggestions. Also, no one else comments about the Music Hall Cd player. Any other thoughts on that?