Crown amps

Hi, I'm new to this board and am blown away by this thread. Every other board I go to seems to think Pro Amps are mid fi. Is anyone using a Crown XTI-2000 amp in a home stereo? My Phase Linear finally died and I need a new amp. I remember the Crown DC300a was a great sounding amp. I will be driving it with a Crown IC 150 pre-amp in mint condition.
tony3d
Try a Carver Professional ZR1600. At least look up details and reviews about it. It is a digital stereo amp, good for 600 wpc at 4 ohms. Sounds great, especially with Magneplanar speakers (which like lots of power). It caused a buzz in audiophile circles because of its audio quality...not to be expected from a utilitarian pro sound amp. The best part is that it sells for less than a grand.
Well in general they will not be as sweet on mids and highs.. Bass is fine.. Main problem with most pro designs are they run loud and hot… They have fans that make a ton of noise if your actually listening to a home stereo, and normally unless you have balanced connections on your other equipment, lots of conversion adaptors/cables etc.. Just to hook them up, also remember some pro audio gear will not get full gain from all consumer products, so sometimes you gotta add one of those voltage convertor deals that will take your 1.5 volt consumer preamp or receiver and up it to 4 volt into the amp to get full output. It can be done, and some pro amps can match up just fine with all these parameters, but make sure is all, and again no matter what you will not get standard RCA jacks on them.
Sorry I just saw you have a crown preamp… Look at Fanless crown designs like the K series maybe?