Feedback on new Ayre MX-R Monoblocks

I've been a big fan of more musical producing amps and systems like Linn. I hear that the new Ayre MX-R's blow the Linn stuff away. Looking for feed back and impressions on these new amps and an idea as to what kind of deal can be had to get them out the door.
cvman
Cvman, there is a recent post that contains the information you are seeking regarding the sonics of the MX-R monoblocks. It contains my experience in auditioning them, I found them somewhat "dry/lifeless" compared to my Pass Labs XA-1`monoblocks, however others were thrilled with what they heard. Take a look at this thread, it will give you a pretty good perspective.
Here's a third agreement with Teajay's opinion. However they had not been powered up for the recommended 24 hours before I auditioned them and I had to use XLR/RCA converters with my current preamp so I didn't really hear them fully balanced. I was impressed enough to give them another chance under more favorable conditions however.
I heard them briefly in the Analog room in San Jose. I'm not sure when they were turned on, I was told they were were broken in. Sounded poor at that time(I suspect they hadn't been on long from the sound), but I'm going back to hear them once they have been on all day.

Given Ayre's reputation I expect them to sound like Ayre's house sound - excellent, but cool SS.

To me, they're aesthetics are really beautifully done - great Industrial Design.

more later in January,
GerryM5
You really should read the other threads, as people who have purchased and lived with the Monoblocks chime in there. Personally, I believe the MX-Rs are a perfect compliment to Vandersteen 5As, which is why I ordered a pair after listening to them extensively (at which time they had been on for more than 24 hours, which does make a difference according to my dealer). It is my understanding that 3 people in the biz (a designers, manufacture and reviewer, respectively) whose systems are built around 5As, each now have the MX-Rs as part of their reference systems (at least one of whom was a die-hard tube guy previously). I believe the MX-Rs to have better three-dimensiality that any solid state amp I've heard, something good tube amps have typically done much better until now. I agree with the industrial design -- now to find a visual and sonic match on the amp-stand front.