Feedback on new Ayre MX-R Monoblocks

I've been a big fan of more musical producing amps and systems like Linn. I hear that the new Ayre MX-R's blow the Linn stuff away. Looking for feed back and impressions on these new amps and an idea as to what kind of deal can be had to get them out the door.
cvman
I love the MX-Rs and I and my audiophile friends cannot believe changing amps from the Linns to the Ayres made such a wonderful transformation. The total Ayre system is marvelous. The Ayre MX-R Monoblocks best the Linn Klimax Solo 500s in every respect. Rhythm and pacing are stunning. Dynamics, imaging, and realistic reproduction of instruments and singers is astonishing. I can't imagine you would ever regret the switch, or stop to look back if you try them. In my system they make a whole new world of difference. Worth every penny if you can afford to make the move.
I have also heard the Ayre Monoblocks in an all Ayre system. K-1XE, C-5XE, P-5XE, VPI turntable. Heard them with cabling from either JPS, or using the new Audioquest cables. The sound was anything but dry or cool. Huge soundstage with lots of detail. But still rich, smooth, and texured. Speakers were Thiel 2.4s with Thiel subwoofer, or Vandersteen Quatros. Both systems were very nice.
Interesting thread...I have had my MX-R mono blocks since the middle of August...have no idea how anyone could call them "dry"...it took some working through the cables...a break in time...they sound very natural...accurate...tremendous ability to handle micro dynamics...and detail...I am very happy with them..

John
Hi John

I own the MX-R monoblock as well, and you are right, it sounds very accurate and natural - although it's not warm/full bodied like the tube-amp, it doesn't sound dry in any way. I am also extremely happy with them...

May I ask what cables do you use? I use the Ayre interconnect and Kubala-sosna emotion spk cable.

Simon