The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
"The alternative is a dealer and I think dealers are in enough trouble without me wasting their time listening to speakers I don't like and can't afford anyway. I will not take a dealers time, where I have no intention to buy" that is what you said. Why bother, don't like'm, ain't buy'in and can't afford them. It's as if you need to knock Magico to justifie not being able to buy them. I have had enough of this and your obvious lack of commitment to listen before giving a view. Honestly, I real don't care. This is what these boards are now, uninformed opinions! Keep posting them.
I'm just say'in ✌️
To add some balance to the conversation about Magico. I've heard both the S1 and S3 at a dealer's. The S1 system sounded very good indeed! The S3 less so but I WOULDN'T necessarily blame the speaker. This speaker line seems to draw a lot of controversy and I can understand why having listened to them. I find them to be VERY accurate and it would seem that to optimize their performance one is going to have to spend time system matching. In the case of the S3 system they were in a well designed room but I thought it was less the speaker than something else in the set-up that I just couldn't put my finger on. Pretty much all of us agreed on this point but as to what it was, less agreement but we all agreed, not the speaker. I haven't heard any of the other Magicos. I can see where these speakers would have broad appeal in the right set-up. Both set-ups btw, were with Ayre electronics, no problem there for sure but I would like to hear with a sufficiently powerful tube amplifier.
Magico is a good product if you seek ultimate build quality and good sound. But you will pay for it. Also for teh gear to drive them well and make the investment pay. ANother investment there. The question then becomes can you get essentially the same sound for less? that will depend but I suspect it is possible.

Typical high end audio questions and scenarios. It all depends on ones budget and know how in putting an end to end system that meets your needs together. No speakers alone will do it, though some might more so than others.
The magicos I have heard set up well are in the top tier of systems I have heard in regards to overall sound quality. The down side is that you will pay a lot to get it.
I heard a stereo back in the 80's, it consisted of all Cello (made by mark levenson) equipment and 2 huge Cello speakers with granite stands. It pumped out over 4,000 watts a side. Have not seen or heard anything like that since.