Manley Snapper or VTL ST 150

..to drive 87-89 dB Avalon or JM Lab speakers via passive McCormack preamp. If anyone can quickly tell me what to expect from both in terms of tonality and key strengths/weaknesses, that would be really appreciated. Trying to find the muscle of SS amps with immediacy of tubes.
beheme
Jdec, I am actually running it in tetrode since everytime I use triod it blows a fuse in the right channel of the amp. I suppose it needs a new tube or something, but since it is a dealer demo I don't care. It sounds awesome in tetrode and I am told better in triode?
I use an ST-150 with Vienna Acoustics Beethovens and I concur with Jc1373 on its sound characteristics. The mid range and upper end are exquisite. The bass is a little flabby in my systems but the Vienna's woofers fall just outside the recommended range on VTL's web page System Matching section. They suggest using the ST-150 with woofers no bigger than 8" or 2 6". I use the ST-150 almost exclusively in tetrode mode as I listen to mostly rock and electric blues. Triode sounds magical with small string ensembles or solo acoustic material but doesn't have the drive I want for rock or full orchestral works.

Cheers,
Jim
Without any doubt Manley, much better customer service than VTL (I had VTL and have Manley).

Cheers
I disagree...I have had very good experience with VTL customer service. No different than any other positive experience I have had with any other manufacturer.

Luke has called me on the phone and taken the time to work with me on a very personal level. In fact, I would say quite the opposite and say they have been about the best HiFi vendor I have dealt with of all.