amps for Merlin VSM-MXE

sorry i posted this by mistake in the speakers thread so reposting here...taking delivery of new MXE speakers soon and wondered what would be peoples choice of amp. I heard the new speakers work also well with SS, although my choice has always been tubes.

Given the rise of low cost/high quality components in recent years can someone provide me with a solution for $6k?

I have had the berning and it worked well...just looking for options!
enjoy_the_music
I would be really excited to listen to these speakers with a pair of Belles Reference 150A set up as mono blocks. I have the Belles and am really pleased with it. The reveiws state that as mono blocks they are even nicer. The cost would be right at 6K.
As Slipknot mentioned, I'm having good luck w/Atma-Spheres, & I've previously happily owned the Berning. The Joules sound great too, but were out of my price range. A used pair of MA1s for around $6k would be my first choice. If you could find a pair of Joule 100s near that price it would be the other top choice.
If push-pull amps are your preference, Manleys are a good choice.
The Cary amps I've heard aren't transparent enough by comparison. Merlins will get the most out of those amps, but if you are choosing an amp, it wouldn't be your best bet unless you are trying to compensate for overly bright source or preamp(generally not a good strategy). Cheers,
Spencer
Hi and thanks!

I'll scout around for MA1 amps..not so common here in france! Can they be switched to 230v?

Will also be checking out the Music Reference amps as they seem to be well thought of.

did anyone try the Dodd monos?

After having OTL amps its difficult to imagine a nicer sound!
I would also add to your "Shopping List", the 200 series amps from Blue Circle. I had a Joule 80mk4, and Blue Circle BC2, and was looking for an amp that had more power (Large Symphonic works) say +100 watts, that had the Joule clean OTL sound and Palpable mids/precense, but with much better bass..... After listening to a few of the amps listed already (I found the Berning too "clean/Dry", not the mids I was looking for, and would have to go for monoblocks of each; the Joule 100 were nice but still not enough bass; The Belles didn't have the detail or magic of either Joule or Berning), I then heard the BC204. Largest soundstage by far, killer mids (right with the Joule), but better dynamics, hall info, bass and PRaT. Really goes well with the Merlins (+ Joule 150pre and VSM-MXe). Ended up with a BC206 (run Single Ended). I would just keep your eyes out for these too..... As with everything in Audio, its about your tastes, your room, your system, just listen before if you can..... and Enjoy!
Cheers Monk...yep it seems to be that the CAT and Joule amps are the preamplifiers of choice. Unless you go for Kondo?

I never heard the Blue Circle equipment, its very rare in Europe and maybe difficult to find on the used market at 230V!

But still i'll have a search. Many thanks for your input!