My NHT 2.5 Speakers Are Hungry

They are power hungry. These babies are notoriously hard to drive, and right now I'm starving them. My Harmon Kardon AVR 240 gives them 65 wpc (nice quality wpc I think) in stereo mode. I've heard I need at least 100.

My budget is under $200 including shipping. I don't care about looks or weight or brands. I just need power.
128x128heyitsmedusty
So from the first post it sounds like my present receiver might be giving it enough current. Would the Adcom GFA2 (which I can get for about $200 on ebay) give me a significant improvement? Can I use my front L and R pre-outs to feed the amp and then run my fronts from that while continuing to run my surrounds from the amp in my receiver?
I guess I'm wondering if a $200 price point amplifier would help my system or not, and if I can still use my surround receiver in my system.
I use a B&K Reference ST 125.2 Series 2 with my NHT 2.5I.I found my amp on ebay at a good price.I going to match them with 2 NHT sa-2 amp and bi-amp them and see how they do.I have my going into my Yamaha RX-V2400,which I use the pre outs for the B&K amp for the fronts(nht)and the sub out for my sub and use the reciever for my center and rears.
You are correct the 2.5's are very power hungry. I drove mine with an Acurus A150 for quite a few years. A couple of years ago bought a McCormack 0.5 Deluxe and WOW what a difference. Didn't realize the 2.5 were that good. Still have them in my bedroom where they work awesome. Save your money and spring for a used Aragon (4004 or 8002) or McCormack DNA 0.5 you will hear them like you have never heard them before. By the way the 2.5's really taxed the Acurus as good as it is, just not right for the demands of the NHT.
As a side note if you've noticed the looking down into the soundstage (I call it the balcony perspective) with the 2.5's, lift those puppies up off the floor about 8 to 12 inches, you will be rewarded.
I have to second Ig316b's comments. I, too used the acurus a150, then switched to the aragon 8002. that was many years ago. and he's right, the speakers open with better juice. as stated above, save your pesos for an older aragon. you won't regret it.