Looking for a 5 channel amp that is warm sounding

I currently have a Monitor Audio Gold GR series 5.1 setup. I am running it with a HK DPR-2005 receiver, which is their higher end digital amp (it has been since discontinued). Maybe this receiver is the root of my problems, but the only thing I am not thrilled about my speakers, is the highs have a slight edge to them; maybe a little bright.

I am looking in the $700-1200 range used. If I can find what I am looking for in a 3 channel amp, I would certainly be willing to go that route as well.

Am I barking up the wrong tree in trying to find an amp for my solution, or should I start from scratch and get new speakers?

Thanks
Greg
gregbe
Please list the rest of your system. Source(s), room treatments (if any) and what your room is like. Hardwood or carpet? Large amounts of glass? In a basement with cinder block or concrete walls?
Hi Eldarado,

Denon 2200 DVD/CD player
Harman Kardon DPR-2005
Monitor Audio GR10, GRLCR and GRFX Speakers
Axiom EP500 subwoofer.

Hardwood floor with an Area Rug that takes up 60-70% of room. No room treatment to speak of (family room, so don't think I will be able to go down that route. One wall is a huge sliding glass door, but I have curtains that I pull completely shut for listening. It is not in a basement, so typical drywall.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Greg
USED Parasound 2205a [220 watts per ch.]or 1205a [140 watts per ch]depending on power needs.JD