The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
Based on my experience with Behinger DEQ2496, I can believe you. Like the Sonic Impact T amp, maybe someone will stuff it into a fancy box, and sell it for two grand!
Eldartford : I understand your reaction. I'm a hard core tube guy but Peters review caught my eye so I purchased Two 500-A's that I use as 500W mono blocks . Remember these are Studio Amps . Take a look at Musican's Friend web site look over the specs. They are unbeatable at 10x the price . You get free shipping and a 45 day money back. If you don't need or want 500w mono blocks for under $500 no problem. Stereophile knows of them but apparently refuses to publish based the concern that Berringer reportly has a spotty record for supporting parts. For that reason I purchased and additional warrenty period & that warrenty still keeps the tab under $500. Out of the box cold they are killers but of course its all up to the buyer.
I checked the website for a description. Just Google "Behringer".

My personal experience with the DEQ2496 (I have three of them) is great...no problems. I have heard of other people who got very good support from Behringer. I suspect that the bad-mouthing comes from people who use other brands, and feel threatened by the incredible value of Behringer products. And anyway, you could buy another one for less than the cost of repairing your typical high end product!
I just purchased one of these and hooked it up to some Paradigm Focus speakers in my office. I liked that it had plenty of power, but even compared to my Denon 3200 receiver it was not as natural. The high end was too bright and lacked in midrange. The bass was great but it was like having the loud button on the entire time.

The amp also was broken right out of the box. Channel 1 is shot. The front panel was loose and every time you moved the amp it would shoot static through that channel.

I heard great things about them, but I am going to pass and look for something entry level for my office so I can take my Denon back home.