Wavac MD 300B Monoblocks

Hello all:

I was thinking about purchasing a pair of Wavac MD 300B Monoblocks to match with my Peak Consult Empress. No nearby Wavac dealer and I was just looking for a few opinions before making a 500 mile trip to audition. (which of course I will before purchase)

I do not have much experience with SET's or Wavac. I'm using Gamut D200 mk3 and the sound is quite good; just looking for alittle variety and hopefully better than "quite good".

I'd appreciate any/all opinions and experiences.

Thanks much
Brian
audiobrian
I listened some time ago to a Wavac 300B, but it was a Stereo and originally built from Shisido. It was unbelievable good.
It was connected to a high sensitive speaker (8 ohms, 96 dB+).

I think, most "negative" Demos are a mismatch with speakers.
I'd agree with ThomasHeisig. Heard a couple of Wavacs today and yesterday and they had a beautiful presentation. Very serious amplifiers.
Brian. Currently I am using the wavac 300B stereo and also own cary 300B,mastersound 300B and previous owner of cary 805,art audio diavablo and many other SET amp..To my ear the wavac is in a league of it's own and out perform most other SET by a wide margin.I think it sound worse whenever I use my hovland,AR as a pre-amp..BWHITE just sent an article reviewing the wavac 300B + shindo pre.look very interesting and I am now in the market for the shindo..my speakers is the Avantgarde horn.hope this help
HI Brian- that's a great pre-amp that you have and if the Peaks have a benign impedence curve, you might want to demo Atma or Joule amps. You can get quite a bit more power for "less than the cost of an economy car" They both match very well with my Ren pre (just make sure you use the balanced out with the Atmas.
Thanks to all for sharing your opinions and experiences.....a most helpful and pleasant dialogue.

Brian