Wavac MD 300B Monoblocks

Hello all:

I was thinking about purchasing a pair of Wavac MD 300B Monoblocks to match with my Peak Consult Empress. No nearby Wavac dealer and I was just looking for a few opinions before making a 500 mile trip to audition. (which of course I will before purchase)

I do not have much experience with SET's or Wavac. I'm using Gamut D200 mk3 and the sound is quite good; just looking for alittle variety and hopefully better than "quite good".

I'd appreciate any/all opinions and experiences.

Thanks much
Brian
audiobrian

Showing 3 responses by audiobrian

Thanks Ralphdude and Honest1; I truly appreciate your thoughts. Of course the MD 300B monos are not in the "house" category, but certainly in the "economy car" category.

I have always wanted to hear an excellent SET on the Empresses to see if the "purity of sound" is as good as they say. Perhaps I should be looking at an 805 tube model for some increased power output and drive over the 10 watt MD 300B monos....we'll see; perhaps the dealer can arrange to have both the MD 300B monos and MD 805 monos for a side by side comparison.

Thanks again....additional opinions are certainly most welcome!
Hi Jjtoma:

Sorry for my delayed response. I am using a VAC Ren mk2 with the D200 mk3; actually a very good match....I may forgo the SET's, as this may require biamping to get the bass I am accustomed to...even if the mids are better with the Wavacs

Brian
Thanks to all for sharing your opinions and experiences.....a most helpful and pleasant dialogue.

Brian